Friday 8 June 2012

The beginning.......

Well, it all started about 2 years ago, my first allotment, half plot to be exact, did I know what I was doing? I had been growing things since I can remember, loved the sense of anticipation when I had a new packet of seeds in my hand, I would get them out for weeks before it was remotely warm enough to sow, read the pack, and read again, I was about 10 years old, that feeling has stuck with me ever since.
I had not grown anything during my late teens and twenties, other things to do, but I wanted to make up for lost time, growing a few things at the bottom of the garden is ok, but it will not feed a family.
Did i know what I was doing? no, not really, as I learn more, I realise I know very little, this is where this blog comes in, a chance to air my views and a few tips along the way.
January this year saw the chance to move on to a full size plot.One problem, it was a complete mess, covered in corrugated sheds, shacks, call them what you will, see the pictures, you will get the drift, I was familiar with the area, as it was near the tea shed, I had walked down there on many occasions, but never imagined you could turn the area into a proper allotment, but, never afraid of a challenge, I took up the offer, went home with my photos and started to sketch what I wanted to do.     

No comments:

Post a Comment